We partner with open innovation pioneer InnoCentive® to crowd-source solutions to our R&D challenges. Challenge descriptions and prizes posted on the InnoCentive portal.
InnoCentive manages submitter registrations and collates solutions during the 4-12 week competition phase. InnoCentive will contact you after your proposal has been assessed.
AstraZeneca reviews and shortlists submissions and awards prizes. For prize-winning ideas, AstraZeneca is granted freedom-to-operate (non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid license, with right to sublicense without limitation).
AstraZeneca can seek to collaborate with rewarded solution submitters (pending submitter interest), or proceed independently to reduce the solution to practice.
We are currently preparing new challenges. Please check back soon https://openinnovation.astrazeneca.com/challenges.html
- Improving Protein Expression and Optimising Protein Purification (AWARD: $25,000 | under evaluation)
- Effective Oral Delivery of High Molecular Weight Compounds (AWARD: $25,000 | under evaluation)
- Digital Health Solutions for Clinical Trial Acceleration or Improved Clinical Outcomes (AWARD: varies | under evaluation)
- In Vitro System to Assess Gastrointestinal Toxicity (AWARD: $25,000 USD | under evaluation)
- Robust Online In Vivo Measurement of Biomarker Concentrations (AWARD: $25,000 USD | under evaluation)
- Automating drug administration and removal in multiwell plates (AWARD: varies | under evaluation)
- In vitro proximal tubule model systems (US$15,000 award granted)
- In vitro models of glomerular function (US$15,000 award granted)
- Retrievable device for islet transplantation (US$25,000 award granted)
- Developing clinically-relevant models for DLBCL (US$25,000 award granted)
- Quantitative measure of covalent binding (AWARD: US$25,000 | under evaluation)
- A sticky problem – modeling tablet stickiness (US$10,000 award granted)
- Pressure-sensing core for cardiac microtissues (2 x US$12,500 awards granted)
- Developing a minimally invasive glucose monitor (eRFP | under evaluation)
- Novel biomarkers for neuropathic pain (US$25,000 not awarded)
- Targeted delivery of oligonucleotides (2 x US$10,000 awards granted)
- Novel disease indications for AZ clinical compounds ( 2 x US$10,000 awards granted)
- Enhancing Therapeutic Delivery with Cell-Penetrating Peptides (AWARD: varies | DEADLINE: March 16, 2018)
- Novel Approaches to Form and Particle Control a Crystalline Material (AWARD: varies | DEADLINE: April 16, 2018)
- AstraZeneca Challenge: Molecular Strategies to Minimize Off-Target Toxicities of Antibody Drug Conjugates (AWARD: $15,000 USD | DEADLINE: Sep 30 2019 23:59 EDT)
- AstraZeneca Challenge: Improving the Targeting and Transduction Efficiency of Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors (AWARD: $25,000 USD | DEADLINE: Oct 15 2019 23:59 EDT)
- AstraZeneca Challenge: Automated Detection and Quantitation of Bone Marrow Cells (AWARD: $25,000 USD | DEADLINE: Jan 03 2020 23:59 EST)